Monday, September 28, 2009

My Day as a Stay at Home Mom

I stayed home with "T" today, because of her foot. Well, really I sent her to school and went to work but after she called me for the third time about how bad her foot was hurting I realized neither of us would get anything done at our respective locations so I went and picked her up.

Being a "stay at home mom" at least for one day, I decided to do something "momish" and make some home made cookies. But, the tricky part is I've been trying to have us eat healthy food lately and cookies aren't necessarily healthy. So I did some searching (hooray for the internet) and found this cookie recipe. http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/peanut-butter-cookies-recipe.html

No white sugar, whole wheat flour (which I actually had in my pantry), no eggs, organic peanut butter (which I actually already had in my pantry as well).

My review; slightly dry, but I ran out of one of the ingredients and had to alter it ever so slightly to make up for the difference. My kids LOVED them! And you can't even tell they're made with whole wheat flour. I've substituted whole wheat in a few recipes with limited success, but these were very fab and if you eat them with the soy milk then I think you would never be able to tell they're dry.

I think I'm going to use that site more often now.

And, it was fun being a stay at home mom; even if it was just for one day!

1 comment:

  1. As far as kids are concerned THEY WERE COOKIES!
    Beauty also loves to bake and loves me to cook so she can help!!!!

    ReplyDelete