Monday, September 28, 2009

Highlights and Lowlights.

An interesting weekend with the family...as weekends with families go.

I think overall we all drew a little bit closer, and of course, the food was good. :)

High Points - Spending the weekend at someone else's house so I didn't have to clean up my house. Barbecue. Winning all the arm wrestling matches (yeah, I still got it), and watching my son dance. He has rhythm...not so much the moves. Snickers birthday cake (yummy).

Midlights - being offered $500 + a husband for my PoS car. Yard sale...sorry mom, not a highlight, but not really a low light.

Lowlights - that one thing...those involved will know. T stepping on a screw, right as I knew the weekend was over and I could finally relax.

Loni's funny saying: "mom, I used to think that the blinker turned on in the car because they car knew where you were going and wanted to tell you it was time to turn. Now that I'm older I know that the blinker is because YOU need to tell the car it's time to turn now."

3 comments:

  1. kids say the cutest things. Did you need stitches for your foot? How did your yard sale go? No new hubby huh =0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was Laci that stepped on the nail...nope, no stitches, thank goodness...sent her to school this morning for about 1.5 hours then had to go and get her but she should be ok for schools tomorrow.

    We did alright with the yard sale. It was fun to watch Jenni and Shawn over price their stuff and mom under rice it and vice-versa for mom and her stuff...I just brought bags and bags of girls cholthes and said a quarter a piece, regardless of their size, condition, etc...

    Yeah, um, passed on the hubby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went to some yard sales whilst we were in Florida.We went to one(but didn't stop!!!!)as it was like something out of a horror film,rows and rows of dressed dolls sat on chairs!It maDe you PRAY the concept of toys coming to life when humans were not there was SO NOT TRUE!

    ReplyDelete